Designed for adults amateur dancers, this international summer camp is a unique opportunity to learn and perform a complete ballet from the classical répertoire alongside professional ballet dancers.
You will spend 8 intensive (yet fun) days taking a morning ballet class and learning the répertoire with our international team of teachers.
Exemple of a typical day :
- 9-10.30am : ballet class in groups
- 11-12.30am : rehearsal in groups
- 2pm-5pm : rehearsal together or in groups
- 5.15-6.15pm : Pilates & stretching class
Participants should have at least an intermediate level of ballet training (at least 2-3 years of practice). Dancing on pointe is not mandatory.
Participants will be divided in groups by our teachers. Ballet classes will be at one of our studios: Le studio de la Manu (for the whole week) or La Barge (only for the first couple of days). Rehearsals will be held either in one of our ballet studios or directly on stage.
There is no selection, we run on a first come first serve basis. The number of participants is limited to 32. Participants must be at least 16 years old on the 1st day of the course.
The camp starts on Friday July 8th with a welcoming event in the evening (after 5.30pm, exact time to be announced). Ballet classes and rehearsals will start on Saturday 9th at 9am.
The ballet learned during the week will be performed, in costumes, at l’espace du Roudour theater, a local theater. The performance will be open to the public.
The Stage from L’espace du Roudour theater where the performance and most rehearsals will be held.
Join us to experience this amazing week dedicated to Ballet. It’s a unique time to meet other fellow adult ballet enthousiasts from around the globe. You won’t regret it!
Teachers and Repertoire
This year we will dance Napoli (a Bournonville ballet) at l’espace du Roudour. The version danced will be adapted from the original version to fit in a 1h30 performance.
Teachers and dancers: to be confirmed and completed
Laura Poikolainen: Laura got her initial dance training from Helsinki Dance Institute and Finnish National Opera’s ballet school. She attended courses in Denmark, United States and France and worked in the Finnish National Ballet briefly. During the courses in Denmark, Laura got to train both Bournonville technique as well as repertoire and work with such Bournonville experts as Vivi Flindt, Dinna Björn and Johnny Eliasen. During her last year of ballet school, Dinna Björn staged the third act of Napoli for the FNOB school and Laura got to dance a few parts in it and familiarize herself with the ballet. Laura became a ballet teacher in 2010 and got her master’s degree in dance pedagogy in 2012. She is now a ballet teacher at Helsinki Dance Institute, where she teaches students of all ages as well as one of the Institute’s pre-professional classes.
Alexander Negron: Alex is an American dancer and a ballet teacher. He currently lives and works in Amsterdam (the Netherland). He previously danced with the Oregon Ballet theater and Opera Wroclawska. He’s the founder of 31/20 Dance collective in Amsterdam.
Julie Dupas: Julie is a Pilates teacher. She worked as a Biology teacher for 5 years and has a PhD in Biology. She is passionate about ballet and danced at the Brest Conservatory for 4 years, she also participated in 5 editions of the original Finnish ballet camp that inspired this French edition. She’s a certified Pilates teachers and currently teaches Pilates, mat and reformer, in Amsterdam. She’s the founder of this ballet camp for adults.
Sara Antikainen: Sara is a professional ballet dancer and will dance the role of Teresina in this years production of Napoli. Sara is originally from Finland but currently lives and works in Plzeň (Czech Republic) as a soloist. She started her career in the Finnish National Ballet and since 2018 she has been dancing with the Divadlo J.K. Tyla. In her own words Sara is “looking forward to being part of this unique event next summer”.
€460,- if registered before March 20th 2022
€500,- starting from March 21st 2021
This fee doesn’t include food, accomodations or travel. Travelling needs to be arranged by the participant themselves. However, you can find some help in the next sections “Travel” and “Accomodation”.
We are currently working on organizing a “Room & Board” option for our participants. This will be offered separately and will have to be paid at least 6 weeks before registration. Price and fees will be updated as soon as it is arranged.
Fees can be paid in 2 installments, the first installment has to be paid upon registration and the last installment will have to be paid at least 6 weeks before the course starting date.
To register go to the “registration/inscription” page of our website a d follow the instructions.
Only full applications (fees included) will be taken into account.
!!!NEW!!! We are now offering a Room and Board option to our participants. Check the “Accomodation” section for more information.
By train: MORLAIX Train Station is directly connected by TGV (fast speed train) by the line PARIS -BREST (multiple daily trains). Other local and national lines also operate on this station.
By plane: Brest Bretagne airport is located less than 60km away from Morlaix and has a direct line to multiple national and european cities. If you need to transfer in Paris, avoid changing airport during your transfer. From Brest airport, you can rent a car, or take the free shuttle to Brest city center and take either a bus or a train to Morlaix.
From Morlaix train or bus station, transports may be arranged. Feel free to contact us!
By car: Morlaix is directly located on the RN12 (freely connecting Brest to Rennes).
Sanitary precaution : following the current governmental guidelines regarding the pandemic, you will likely need a european health passport (based on QR code). Currently proof of full vaccination by recognized vaccine or proof of getting Covid for more than 2 weeks but less than 6 monthsis needed to obtain such document.
To return to your country you might need a PCR or antigenic test, those can be done at the medical laboratory for respectively 50€ and 25€.
This year we are now offering a “Room an Board” option. We will be hosted at the “Château du Nec’Hoat”, in either the west part of the castle or it’s annexe “La sellerie du Nec’Hoat”.
rightly placed at the etrance of Morlaix, the Nec’Hoat castle will be hosting us this summer, either in an wonderful 3 story flat or in its annexe, all within its beautifule 17 acres park. Recently renovated with care to offer you all the comforts, this family-home, full of character, will charm you with its neat and warm decoration. Here are some pictures that will make to travel to Brittany!
Bed sheets, pillow, blankets and a bath towel will be provided.
Room & Board is offered in double room or in private rooms. However spots are limited (12 in total), we only have 10 spots in double room and only 2 private rooms.
Room and Board is offered from Friday july 8th at 4pm to Sunday 17th at 10am.
For local participants a “Meal Plan” only option is available.
Meals will be vegan and vegetarian friendly. However, this year we are NOT able to accomadate any severe allergies except for breakfast. Breakfast will be served as a self-service, so we will be able to provide the ingredients for it. A refrigerator and an equipped kitchen will be at your disposal at the castle.
Room and Board Fees
Full room and board 500€ (room +3 meal/day from friday 9th diner to sunday 17th breakfast)
Single room supplement +110€, Sold out
Half Room and board 420€ (room + only 9 breakfasts)
Lunch 75€ (8 lunch from Saturday 9th to saturday 16th)
Lunch +Diner 140€ (8 lunchs and 8 diners, from friday 8th diner to saturday 16th lunch)
If you wish to take care of your accomodation and meals by yourself, Morlaix as numerous hotels as well as a hostel (Auberge de Jeunesse de Morlaix). The hostel is located directly across the road from one of our ballet studios and offers an affordable 3 meals/day option.
Houses and appartements for rent can be found on airbnb, booking.com as well as on the “office de tourisme de Morlaix” website (https://www.baiedemorlaix.bzh/fr/ ).
In order to reduce your costs, if you wish to share a room (in a hostel) or a house with an other participants, don’t hesitate to let us know, so we can put you in contact with other willing participants.
To help you choose your accomodation, you’ll find below the adresses of our different studios:
Théâtre Espace du Roudour : rue Park ar Roudour, 29600 Saint Martin des Champs
La barge : 34 route de Paris, 29600 Morlaix
Le studio de la Manu : Cour des artistes, 42 bis Quai du Léon, La Manufacture, 29600 Morlaix
What to bring with you to ballet camp?
Below is a succint list of items you’ll need to pack
- a yoga mat (foldable exist for packing, ex: Nyamba from decathlon)
- 2 massage ball in a socks ( 2 tennis ball works the same)
- for female identifying participants
- a pair of pink/skin colored tight (for the performance)
- a matching pair of ballet flats
- nude underwear/leotard (not white, to wear under the performance costume)
- if applicable your pointe shoes
- for male identifying participants :
- black ballet shoes
- one pair fo black tight footless tight and one white t-shirt (for the show)
- necessary for simple hair and stage make up
- your regular ballet practice clothes
- a laudry bag (to separate your clothes for washing up)
- a warm jacket/ sweater : Brittany weather can be quite chilly in the evening
- a rain jacket, in Brittany an unexpected shower can arise at any time!
Sign up and Contact
To sign up for the camp or to contact us, please fill the form below.
!!!NEW!!! You can know download the registration form directly from this website by clicking on the “Registration” tab.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants will be divided into groups by the coaching team.
2. The organization must be informed if the participant has any allergies or other health problems, and an accompanying letter must be submitted.
3. All participants must bring normal practice wear, including pointe shoes for female students willing to participate on Pointe.
4. The organizers will not be held responsible for any damage or injury, however caused, to any person attending the course, nor for the loss of any property.
5. The organizers reserve the right to retain all or part of the course fees in the event of the applicant’s withdrawal. Withdrawal within a month of the camp starting date will not be reimbursed.
6. The organizers reserve the right to change the teachers or artists in the event of illness or any other unavoidable causes.
7. The organizers reserve the right to cancel and/or change a part of the course or to cancel the entire course. If the course is cancelled, and only if this occurs, the organizers will only refund the course fees excluding any additional cost (f.ex.: accommodation and travel expenses). In case of change in part of the course, no reimbursement will be emitted.
8. It is recommended, as whenever traveling abroad, that the candidate takes out personal travel insurance.
9. No candidate can attend the course injured.
10. Photo- and video shots are property of « le petit ballet international » and can be used freely by « le petit ballet international » of for promotional and marketing purposes.
11. All participants must have health insurance.
12. All participants must have a liability insurance.
13. All participants younger than 18 years of age must send us, prior to the start of the course, the Authorization for underage person fully completed and signed by their parents or legal guardian.
Featured in Pointe magazine https://www.pointemagazine.com/summer-intensives-for-adult-dancers-2645151370.html